Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Classics

Well, high school is pretty much over.

Awesome thing is, i don't regret one thing i did, only the things i didn't get to do. Ruse has really been an awesome environment, and it all feels like it's leading up to something big in the future.

So, all that soppy stuff aside.







No wait, hahahah, here are some classic (possibly love) songs that i've recently been getting into.





BUT, I remember my first exposure to music was this:



Then after that, i went through the mainstream phase, where i only listened to stuff from the uh, what do you call it, charts? After that, it kind took a turn to the heavier side, i.e. bands like Evanescance, which i still listen to a decent amount.

As i explored more, i started to get an interest in guitar, which seemed to be the basis of the majority of songs, and sounded oh so cool. Again, my taste got heavier, going more towards metal and its subgenres. That lasted a while.

Thankfully, i discovered blues and jazz, through Eric Clapton and Norah Jones, as well as piano and acoustic based stuff. Then came progressive rock and post rock.

Haha, seems like the theory for kids who play guitar is true; they start off with rock and metal, and slowly mature towards much lighter and more articulate styles.

Balmoral was pretty fun, couple of interesting bus trips and some time just to chill out on the beach is nice way to end the year; but i guess the most interesting thing was getting attacked by seagulls, (who? what word should be used here!?!?) have advanced from crowding around people with chips to swooping in and snatching them from their hands, haha.

Oh, i've also hopped on the Facebook wagon. I hope that it won't become too much of a distraction for the next few weeks.

Well, all the best everyone.

Happy studying, and stay safe :)

5 comments:

  1. BAHAHA I got a short video of Bryan trying to drag you to the sea, and then giving up, twas awesome xD hope you enjoyed the wet hug muahaha

    Yeah, stay safe, study hard, keep blogging and never stop with your joookes! :D AND HAHA I remember that song, it's so catchy :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. For your viewing pleasure:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31FPej4LJpQ

    Though if you want me to take it down, give me shout xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LIFTS US UP WHERE WE BELONG,
    WHERE THE EAGLES FLY
    ON A MOUNTAIN HIGH (:

    Best wishes for the next few weeks and see you at school D:

    ReplyDelete
  4. "BUT, I remember my first exposure to music was this:"

    LOL, I think that might have been one of my first exposures as well. I remember I was channel surfing on a Saturday or Sunday morning, and stumbled upon Video Hits (which I usually passed of as crap), and saw this weird video :P

    Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHA! SUCK. They attacked you ^^

    I can't believe I haven't read your blog in a while D:
    It was on Belle's portal for a day so I thought I didn't need to visit it everyday to check xD
    OH WELL.

    Many Best Wishes! GOOD LUCK :D

    Many loves,
    Aryan.

    p.s. I'm listening to you play guitar. I love "Spiritual," it's so relaxing!

    ReplyDelete